Top 7 Best Winter Activities in Korea! Snow Festivals, Ski and more
How is the Winter in Korea?
COLD! Let’s be honest if you’re from a pretty warm country and not used to the cold you will be in for a surprise! However, you got nothing to worry about if you come well prepared with fun snowy winter fun activities booked! This list will give you the best ideas on how to enjoy winter in Korea! But first to some facts:
Winter season: Dec ~ Feb
Average temp: +4 ~ -6 (°C)
Can be very Windy but also getting a ray of nice sunshine is quite common.
How do I easily get to the Ski Resorts / Winter Festivals?
There are so many Ski resorts and winter festivals around Korea that makes it possible to meet the needs of travelers who wants to experience the best out of the season. Either you book a practical and comfortable package trip which includes shuttle bus and other things or you can also book just the transportation (private van) for those who just need a ride and want to plan the rest by themselves.
BY Shuttle Bus Package tour
Most of these resorts are very close to Seoul (90-minutes) which allows for a 1-Day tour with convenient shuttle transports (see our shuttle bus package tours list) CLICK HERE
BY a Private Van transfer (Seoul/Airport <-> Ski Resort)
If you already planned to go to a specific Ski resort we also offer a nice private van transport to/from the Airport or Seoul to/from the resort! CLICK HERE
See 7 BEST Winter Activities in Korea!
Do you intend traveling to Korea during the winter season? Here are some of the things you can do.
1. Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Fishing Festival (Jan 5-27, 2019)
The Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Fishing festival has been held every year in the city of Hwacheon, Gangwon Province since 2003, attracting tens and thousands of visitors. CNN considers the festival as one of the Seven Wonders of the World and also a representative festival of Korea by the Korea Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. You can try bare-hand fishing, rod fishing and get to eat the fish you catch yourself. It runs for only a limited period of time in January, so you better experience it now by joining this affordable travel package below! CLICK HERE
- Catch your own fish and eat it too!
- MANY Snow Activities! Such as snow sledding and ice sledding!
- Yummy Street food EVERYWHERE
- Round trip Transporation!
2. SKI Resorts!
There are so many Ski resorts around Korea that make it possible to meet the needs of all the travelers who wants to experience the best out of the season. Most of these resorts are very close to Seoul (90-minutes away) which allows for a 1-Day tour with convenient shuttle bus transport. Do you intend traveling to Korea during the winter season? Check out our BLOG POST with more details on the Ski Resorts in Korea!
Best Recommended list!
1. Elysian Gangchon Resort 1-Day Ski Package! **BEST for Beginners!**
2. Vivaldi Ski Park 3days 2 nights Package! **BEST Deal**
3. Vivaldi Ski Park 1-day Package **Most Popular**
4. Yongpyong Resort 2 days 1-night Package!
6. Everland during the day Ski by Night! **Family Fun**
CLICK HERE to see ALL our Ski Tour Offers
If you don’t really know which SKI resort you should go, please check our blog HERE!
3.Pyeongchang Trout Festival and the Inje Icefish Festival
These two festivals are unique, exciting and memorable events during the winter season. This package comes with free transportation from Seoul, English speaking tour staff a fishing rod rent, and the festival entrance ticket. Other activities at the festival city include ice sled, bare hands fishing, snow sleigh, and ice skating. Perfect for family and couples! CLICK to book your spot now!
- Catch your own fish!
- MANY Snow Activities! Such as snow & Ice sledding and ice skating etc!
- You can either enjoy fresh raw or grilled trout fish (at the Trout Festival) or fresh deep fried Smelt fish during the Inje festival! (Bring cash with you)
- Round trip Transporation!
The Pyeongchang Trout Festival is held between Dec. 22 ~ Jan. 27
The Inje Icefish Festival is held between Jan. 28 ~ Feb. 3
4. Strawberry Picking in Korea!
Did you know that there is a Strawberry season in Korea from December to June each year? Korea’s soil produces some of the biggest and sweetest strawberries you can find. You can join a tour of some of the strawberry farms near Seoul and pick strawberries. The advantage is that you can take home 500g of the strawberries you pick. How nice!
Strawberry Picking BEST Recommended Tours:
1. Strawberry Picking + Nami island + Petite France + Garden of Morning Calm => Click HERE
2. Strawberry Picking + Nami island + Garden of Morning Calm => Click HERE
3. Strawberry Picking + Nami island + Petite France => Click HERE
Within the same day, this tour includes a visit to Petite France, Nami Island and also the Garden of Morning Calm Light Festival. Join this fun experience here!
5. Nami Island
Nami Island is a half-moon shaped Island located near downtown Chuncheon in the Gangwon Province. Mostly accessible all-year-round for travelers. It became very popular when parts of the famous Korean Drama, “Winter Sonata” was filmed there. During winter, the island is covered in beautiful snow and ice, and the tree-lined roads give it a stunning picturesque feel for visitors. There is a zipline and ferry to get you to the Island. There are restaurants and convenient shops to purchase the little things you need.
Nami island BEST Recommended Tours:
1. Private Van Tour! – Own Van + driver to take you where you want! => Click HERE
2. Nami island + Vivaldi Park 1-day Ski Tour (Shuttle bus) => Click HERE
3. Nami island + Strawberry Picking etc! (Shuttle bus) => Click HERE
4. Nami island + Elysian Ski Resort 1-day Tour (Shuttle bus) => Click HERE
CLICK HERE to see ALL our Nami Island Tour Offers
6. Winter Light Festival at Everland and Ice Sledding
Everland is Korea’s largest Theme Park with enormous activities to explore. A top spot to have endless thrilling fun with friends and family at a very affordable cost. You can explore the T-Express rollercoaster ride, Zootopia, Amusement games, VR Game centers, Cable car rides, Panda world, Lost Valley Safari tour and many more. During winter, you can enjoy the snow buster ice sledding and fireworks amidst the beautiful lights display in the gardens during the night.
1. Check out the Everland 1-Day Pass => Click HERE!
2. For the private tour to Everland => Click HERE!
7. Ice Skating Rinks in Seoul!
Seoul City Metropolitan Government has been operating the make-shift ice rink at the Seoul Plaza in recent years. It is fun and inexpensive. With only 1,000 KRW per hour, you can rent skating shoes and have the winter time of your life. It is opened from 10am – 9:30pm from Sundays to Thursday and 10am till 11pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Holidays.
Other locations where you can enjoy the ice skating are the Lotte World, Olympic Park, Yeoiudo and Mokdong indoor Ice skating.
How to Book!
Browse our Winter Activities!
We have a lot of 1-day tours but also fun mixed winter packages. Please browse or message us for details and on how to book! Click HERE!
BOOK a Private Van + Driver
We highly recommend you book a Van and driver for a 1-day tour or a pick you up/drop you off service to a Ski resort or Airport. Browse your options CLICK HERE or feel free to message us!