Royal Palace & Shopping Full Day City Tour In Seoul
Why recommended by KoreaTravelEasyTake a tour around Seoul's famous places and royal palaces such as Gyeongbokgung, Deoksugung, and National Folk Museum in this full-day tour. It is a guided tour that offers pick-up from a designated location to see Seoul's landmark palaces and tourist attractions. Within the day, you will have the opportunity to shop for traditional artifacts, souvenirs and merchandise as this tour will explore Insadong, Namdaemun market and other shopping sites in the city. This exclusive deal will last for approximately 10 hours. Take advantage of this offer and explore Seoul like a local.
Check out Other Day Tours in Seoul For Free
- To customize your own Private car in Seoul city
- Hire your private car in around Seoul to Nami Island and more
- Travel comfortably and use our KoreaTravelEasy private airport transfer
Here are the highlights of the Royal Palace & Shopping Full Day Tour in Seoul
1. Gyeongbokgung Palace (Closed on Tuesdays)
This palace was built in 1394 as the main palace of the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) by its founder King Taejo. It is the most comprehensive and grandest of the five palaces of the period.
2. Cheongwadae (The Blue House)
Blue House is the presidential residence of the Republic of Korea and is regarded as the heart of the nation. Cheongwadae Saranchae is a Korean presidential exhibition center.
3. National Folk Museum of Korea
The museum is a National Treasure and displays about 4,000 items on Korea’s traditional way of life. There are three permanent exhibition halls, two special exhibition halls, a shop and a reference room.
4. Deoksugung Palace (Closed on Mondays)
Doksugung is special among Korean palaces. It has a modern and a western style garden and fountain. The Changing of the Royal Guard is in front of Daehanmun Gate.
5. Namdaemun Sungnyemun
The original first name was called Sungnyemun and that is Namdaemun even if is southerly to the main gate of the castle which enclosed Chosun Period Seoul capital city.
6. Cheonggyecheon Stream
It is a 11km long modern stream that runs through downtown Seoul. Created as part of an urban renewal project, Cheonggyecheon is a restoration of the stream that was once there before during the Joseon Dynasty.
7. Seoul Station
It is one of the major railway stations in Seoul connecting to different parts of Korea. The location is iconic with the historic theatre, the Seoullo 7017 Sky Garden and the Seoul Plaza shopping center.
8. Namdaemun Market
Located in the heart of the city, Namdaemun is one of the Global traditional markets in Seoul to buy household, fashion, food and other merchandises.
9. Changdeokgung Palace (Closed on Mondays)
Changdeokgung means ‘to brighten virtue,’ and is the name of Korea’s most successfully preserved palace. Changdeokgung was designated as UNESCO’s World Cultural Heritage in February 1997. It is one of the historic attractions that represent the beauty of Korea. It has a secret garden and a greenhouse facility in addition to a fish pond with colored fishes.
10. Bugak Skyway Palgakjeong
This skyway runs along the northeast ridge of Bugaksan Mountain. The road offers lovely views of Bukhansan Mountain’s Bibong of Peak and Munsubong Peak on one side and Namsan Mountain on the other side.
11. Jongmyo Shrine
Jongmyo is a Confucian shrine dedicated to the perpetuation of memorial services for the deceased kings and queens of the Korean Joseon Dynasty. The Jongmyo Shrine was added to the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1995.
12. Insadong Antique Gallery
Insadong is the place to experience the traditional culture of Korea while remaining the heart of the city. With art galleries, traditional craft stores, antique art dealers, traditional tea houses and restaurants, it is simply the place in Seoul for visitors want to experience traditional aspect of Korea.
|8:40 AM||Pick up at First Floor Lobby, Koreana Hotel, beside Seoul City Hall from City Hall Subway Station Exit 3 on Line 1 & 2|
|The windows of tour ”Deoksugung, Sungnyemun, Seoul Station” (No Pass by to Deoksugung on Tuesdays)|
|The main gate of the Blue House ‘Cheongwadae’ (Souvenir Photo)|
|Cheongwadae Saragchae(Monday: Outside of the building)|
|Gyeongbokgung Palace & National Folk Museum & The Royal Guard Changing Ceremony (Tuesday: Deoksugung)|
|Lunch (Menu: Dolsot Bibimbap)|
|Bugak Skyway, Palgakjeong (Octagonal Pavilion)|
|UNESCO Changdeokgung Palace (Monday: Jongmyo Shrine)|
|Insadong Antique Shop Alley|
|Namsangol Hanok Village (Monday: Bukchon Hanok Village)|
|Sungnyemun Gate (Monday: Outside of the gate)|
|5:00 PM||Drop-off (Hotel or Namdaemun Market)|
Price (price for adult and child are the same)
|Price per Person||What is Included|
**Minimum number of persons required for booking = 2
What is not Included
- Personal Expenses
- Private pick-up/drop-off service
- Departs daily – around 8:40 am~5 pm
- 10 Hours
- Basic English
» Meeting and drop-off point
- First floor, Lobby, Koreana Hotel (beside Seoul City hall, from City Hall Subway Station Exit 3, Line 1 & 2)
» Booking due
- Reservations accepted up to 2 days before usage date
How to Book
- Login and Book. After login, fill in each option; add an item the cart on the right. You can add multiple items in your cart and pay in one payment. We accept all major international credit cards and Paypal
- Check your email. You will instantly receive the order receipt by email. The confirmation voucher will be sent to you within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Enjoy your activity. When redeeming your activity, print out or show the confirmation voucher email from your mobile device.
- Please arrive 10 minutes ahead of departure. The tour bus will not wait for those who are late.
- The itinerary is subject to change depending on traffic and weather conditions on the usage date
- Tour will still run on raining and snowing days, unless there are government issued warnings
- All tours will be conducted in English.
- All tours include tour guide, transportation and admission fee.
- Please plan to wear comfortable clothing and walking/hiking shoes
- Please inform us if you will bring along a baby stroller or wheelchair
- Infant is free of charge, no seat available
Cancellation/ Rescheduling Policy
- Free of charge: if you contact us at least 7 business days prior to the selected date within office hours. (10am – 6pm K.S.T)
- 70% refundable: if you contact us at least 3 business day prior to the selected date. (strictly by 6:00 PM K.S.T)
- For e.g.: if your tour is on Thursday, you must contact us by Monday by 6:00 PM (K.S.T)
- No refund: No refund or date change after 6pm 3 business day prior to the selected date. If you do not show up on tour day, is it treated as a cancellation and are non-refundable