Half-day Korea DMZ tour package from Seoul (morning or afternoon)
WHY RECOMMENDED by KoreaTravelEasy?The DMZ is Korea's demilitarized zone. It was established in 1953 at the cease-fire of the Korean War, the DMZ represents the area 2 km north and south from the Military Demarcation Line between North Korea and South Korea. It is only located 1.5 hours from Seoul but access is very limited and only organized tour can enter. This Korea DMZ half-day tour will bring you to this mysterious place to learn about the North and South Korea. Join either the morning DMZ or afternoon DMZ tour and be picked up conveniently from Seoul downtown. Do not worry about how to get to DMZ , transportation, and admissions: the best DMZ tour is here to bring you to a rich historical sightseeing to the Imjingak Park, Unification Bridge, 3rd Infiltration Tunnel, Dora Observatory, Dorasan Station!
Looking for others day tours ?
- Nami Island, Petite France, Gangchon Rail Bike and Garden of morning calm 4 in 1 one-day package
- Nami Island, Petite France, Gangchon Rail Bike package
- Nami Island, Gangchon Rail Bike and Garden of Morning Calm Package
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of morning calm
- Jeonju Hanok Village and cheese making day tour
- Jeonju Hanok Village shuttle only (Fridays)
- Seoraksan (Mt. Seorak) and Naksansa Temple 1 day group shuttle
- Romantic day trip to Gangneung, Kdrama Golbin Filming stop, bike, zipline and more!
FOLLOW A PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH-SPEAKING TOUR GUIDE TO VISIT ALL THE IMPORTANT PLACES AT THE DMZ!
1) Imjingak Park
Imjingak, located 7 km from the Military Demarcation Line was built in 1972 with the hope that someday unification would be possible. Three-storied Imjingak is surrounded by several monuments, Unification Park and North Korea Center. 400 kinds of photos and documents showing the stark reality of North Korea are displayed in the North Korea Center of Unification Board. Outside Imjingak, there are 12 kinds of tanks and crafts on display that were used during the war.In front of Imjingak is the Gyeongui Train Line which was destroyed during the Korean War in 1950. Every year many events for unification are held at Imjingak.
2) The Unification Bridge (Tongildaegyo)
The bridge is more like a symbolic bridge built back in 1998, wishing unification between North and South Korea. It was built by Hyundai Business Group of South Korea. Underneath the bridge you can see a river which is called Imjingang, coming down from North Korea. The bridge also has a nickname which is the “Cow Bridge”. The founder of Hyundai whose name was Jung Juyoung crossed this bridge and went to North Korea in 1998 with precisely 1,001 cows. Since then, we have been calling it the cow bridge.
3) DMZ theater and exhibition hall
The DMZ exhibition hall displays leaflets used during the 6.25 Korean Civil War, military letters, bayonets, empty cartridges, pottery found in DMZ, etc… The DMZ theatre features 3D moving pictures to understand easily how Korea got divided.
4) The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel
-The highlight of the DMZ tour is to explore a tunnel dug by North Korea. Since 1974, South Army has discovered four tunnels crossing the MDL (Military Demarcation Line). The tunnels are believed to have been planned as a military invasion or infiltration route. Each tunnel is large enough to enable the passage of 30,000 soldiers in one hour.
-The 3rd Infiltration tunnel discovered in 1978 penetrates into South Korea by 435 meters beyond the ceasefire line. You are going to hear how the tunnel was discovered with more detailed information on the tour. After listening to the story, you will enter into the actual tunnel to find the ambition of North Korea to make another sudden invasion.
5) Dora Observatory (OP Dora)
-Dora Observatory is the closest observation post to North Korea. From the observation platform, the North Korean scenery is visible, and so are the outskirts of Gaeseong City, the 3rd largest city of North Korea. Especially, you can view the Gaeseong Industrial Complex operated by both Koreas. If you use the binocular, a statue of Kim Il-sung can be found near the Gaeseong City.
-You can also observe a fake North Korean border village. Within DMZ of Northside, there’s a small village called “Propaganda Village.” On a clear day, you can view through binocular that it is actually a deserted town. Like a multi-million dollar Hollywood filming set, some lights flicker on and off at set times to create the illusion of people living there.
6) Dorasan Station
A sign in the Dorasan station reads, “Not the last station from the South, But the first station toward the North.” For now, it is the northernmost station of South Korea which is only 700m, or a half mile away from the southern boundary of DMZ. The milestones of Dorasan Station (205km to Pyeongyang, 56km to Seoul) imply the reality of the division between two Koreas and the hope of a future. Although the tracks are connected, the north regime doesn’t allow trains to pass through, making the $40 million station sit unused. However, it serves as a beacon of hope for the reunification of two Koreas. Currently, it’s the last stop, but someday it might take you to Europe through the Trans-Siberian Railway.
CHOOSE a FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE FOR MORNING or AFTERNOON TOUR!
Option 1: Morning tour : 8:10AM – 2:30PM (Approx.)
Option 2: Afternoon tour: 11:00AM – 6PM (Approx.)
Pick up at the hotel or pick up location in Seoul downtown (to be determined)
or 8:10AM (morning) / 11:00AM (afternoon) at City Hall/ President hotel meeting location
The Unification Bridge
DMZ Theater & Exhibition Hall
The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel
Amethyst factory or Ginseng Center
Drop off at Itaewon
* DIRECT pickup from your accommodation may not be available, it depends on the location & the volume of tourists on each tour date – pickup location can be NEAR your accommodation (in Seoul downtown ONLY) *
* Times may vary depending on traffic and local conditions. Please note that the schedule may change and delayed due to heavy traffic especially on holidays
|Price||What is included|
* Child (ONLY 2-6 years old – age on the tour date) – there will be an ID verification & those under 2 years old may enter for free *
* There will be an additional charge (in KRW) on the tour date after ID verification if you had purchased the wrong ticket for your child *
What is not Included
- Hotel drop-off (drop off at Itaewon)
- Meals and drinks
Tuesdays to Sundays (NO tour available on Holidays)
Tuesdays to Sundays (except for National holidays)
6 hours (approx)
» Age Range
» Pick-up point
- Your hotel or at a pick-up place near your accommodation in downtown Seoul (to be determined after booking)
» Drop-off point
- Itaewon area
» Booking due
Reservations accepted up to 2 days before tour date
- DMZ (Korean Demilitarized Zone)
How to Book
- Login and Book. After login, fill in each option; add an item the cart on the right. You can add multiple items to your cart and pay in one payment. We accept with all major international credit cards and Paypal
- Check your email. You will instantly receive the order receipt by email. The confirmation voucher will be sent to you within 2 business days of booking, subject to availability.
- Enjoy your activity. When redeeming your activity, print out or show the confirmation voucher email from your mobile device.
- Every participant MUST BRING PASSPORT on the tour. You will be asked to show your passport to join this DMZ tour, otherwise, you may not enter DMZ. NO refund will be given if you are rejected admission without a passport.
- Child (ONLY 2-6 years old – age on the tour date) – there will be an ID verification & those under 2 years old may enter for free.
- There will be an additional charge (in KRW) on the tour date after ID verification if you had purchased the wrong ticket for your child.
- Please write the name and address of your hotel/accommodation. The pick-up time and place will be determined after you book. You will be informed in the confirmation email. Our tour partner will arrange pick-up at your hotel or nearby within Seoul downtown area.
- DIRECT pickup from your accommodation may NOT be available, it depends on the location & the volume of tourists on each tour date – pickup location can be NEAR your accommodation (in Seoul downtown ONLY).
- Please arrive 10 minutes ahead of departure. The tour bus will NOT wait for those who are late.
- Specific seats can NOT be reserved in advance.
- The itinerary is subject to change depending on traffic and weather conditions on the tour date. Traveling time may take as much as twice the time on weekends and holidays due to heavy traffic.
- If there’s an unannounced military training or official event, the tour may be canceled on the day of the tour with short notice. Tour may also be canceled due to heavy rain or snow.
- Please plan to wear comfortable clothing as there will some walking. Tour partner does not take responsibility for any injuries or losses incurred while on tour.
- If you have young children and will bring a baby stroller, please note it in “SPECIAL REQUESTS”
Cancellation/ Rescheduling Policy
- Free of charge: if you contact us at least 7 business days prior to the selected date within office hours. (10am – 6pm K.S.T)
- 70% refundable: if you contact us at least 3 business day prior to the selected date. (strictly by 6:00 PM K.S.T)
- For e.g.: if your tour is on Thursday, you must contact us by Monday by 6:00 PM (K.S.T)
- No refund: No refund or date change after 6:00 pm 3 business day prior to the selected date. If you do not show up on tour day, is it treated as a cancellation and are non-refundable