LIMITED TIME ONLY! May 27- Jun 3: Gangneung Danoje Korean traditional Festival and Korean Kdrama Goblin filming spot 1-day shuttle tour package
WHY RECOMMENDED by KoreaTravelEasy?Join one of Korea's most famous and biggest traditional festivals in May and June: the DANOJE in Gangneung, in the Gangwon province. Gangneung area has recently become a popular place due to hit Kdrama Goblin starring Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun. In this free and easy one day shuttle tour package, you can enjoy the Korean Gangneung Danoje Festival, eat good food at the traditional Jung-ang Market, Youngjin Beach at Jumunjin (Goblin filming spot) and make wishes at Sodol Adeulbawi Park. Enjoy this Gangneung tour at a discounted price and don't worry about how to get to Gangneung anymore! This day tour will take care of all the transportation from Seoul to Gangneunng area! For a limited time only !
Want to go to Gangneung other than the festival dates
Want to travel in your own private car?
Looking for others day tours ?
- Nami Island, Petite France, Gangchon Rail Bike and Garden of morning calm 4 in 1 one-day package
- Nami Island, Petite France, Gangchon Rail Bike package
- Nami Island, Gangchon Rail Bike and Garden of Morning Calm Package
- Nami Island, Petite France, Garden of morning calm
- Jeonju Hanok Village and cheese making day tour
- Jeonju Hanok Village shuttle only (Fridays)
- Seoraksan (Mt. Seorak) and Naksansa Temple 1 day group shuttle
EXPERIENCE KOREA TRADTIONAL FESTIVAL and VISIT 4 EXCITING PLACES IN GANGNEUNG in 1 DAY!
Special price for a LIMITED TIME ONLY! Visit Gangneung’s best places for Only USD$22 from May 27th – June 3 (daily departures)
1) Gangneung Korean Danoje Festival
Gangneung Danoje (The Gangneung Danoje Festival) is a local festival with the longest history inKorea which is selected as the 13th Important Intangible Cultural Properties of Korea. It happens on the fifth day of the fifth month of the year according to the lunar calendar. Its main purpose is to worship the guardian spirit of a mountain which protects the town. This year in 2017 it will run from May 27 to June 3 ! When you go there you will see various ritual performances and you can actively participate in events such as making Danoje festival fans, brewing the sacred liquor, drawing masks for the Gwanno Mask Drama, preparing and eating Surichiwi rice crackers and washing hair in Iris water.
2) Gangneung Jung-ang Market (Traditional Market)
There are several market places in Gangneung. Gangneung Jung Ang Market is located at the center of the city and is the largest one in the area. It is a typical Korean market selling all sorts of foods and other goods. You can enjoy lunch with various kind of food there !
3) Youngjin Beach – famous filming location for Korean drama “Goblin” !
Dokkaebi or Goblin (also known as Guardian: The Lonely and Great God) is one of the hit dramas aired in 2016 starring Gong Yoo, Kim Go Eun, Lee Dong Wook, and Yoo In Na. Located at Jumunjin, Youngjin Beach is part of the iconic scene in Goblin. In episode 1 where Eun-tak (Kim Go Eun) first summoned Golbin (Gong Yoo) by blowing out her candles, and suddenly he’s standing there by the sea with her, asking if she’s the one who called him there. This place has always been great for photos: known for its gorgeous beaches and blue waters, Youngjin Beach offers visitors breathtaking views of the ocean. You can also rent the props from the drama and pretend to be Gong yoo and Kim Go Eun!
4) Sodol Adeulbawi Park
Located near Youngjin beach, you will be impressed by the stunning view of ocean view and rocks of fantastic shape here at Sodol Adeulbawi Park. On the north side of the hill in Gangneung, Gangwon Province, you can see rocks and strangely bizarre rocks naturally carved in by the wind and waves in shapes of elephants, etc… The main rock in the place, the Sodol Rock was formed 150 Million years ago in the Jurassic area. There is a legend that an old childless couple came to the rock to pray for 100 days and got a child after therefore this is a popular place for newlywed couples to come to wish for a child
Depart from Hongik University (Hongdae) Station Exit 8
Depart from Myeongdong Station Exit 4
Enjoy Danoje Festival
Gangneung Jung-an Traditional Market (Lunch time, not included)
Youngjin Beach- Korean drama “Goblin” filming spot
Sodol Adeulbawi Park
Depart to Seoul
~ 7:00 pm
Arrive Seoul (Myeongdong/ Hongdae)
** Times may vary depending on traffic and local conditions. Please note that the schedule may change and delayed due to heavy traffic especially on holidays.
|Price||What is included|
*Adults and children are the same price. Children under 3 years old who will not occupy a separate own seat are free of charge
What is not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Meals and drinks
- Experience and activity booth fees at Danoje festival
Daily 5/27 ~ 6/3
Daily from May 27 to June 3. 2017
11 hours (approx)
» Age Range
» Meeting and Drop-off point
- Hongik University (Hongdae) Station Exit 8
- Myeongdong Station Exit 4
» Booking due
Reservations accepted up to 2 days before tour date
- Gangneung Danoje
- Gangneung Jung-ang Market
- Youngjin Beach
- Sodol Adeulbawi Park
How to Book
- Login and Book. After login, fill in each option; add item the cart on the right. You can add multiple items in your cart and pay in one payment. We accept with all major international credit cards and Paypal
- Check your email. You will instantly receive the order receipt by email. The confirmation voucher will be sent to you within 2 business days of booking, subject to availability.
- Enjoy your activity. When redeeming your activity, print out or show the confirmation voucher email from your mobile device.
- Please arrive 10 minutes ahead to departure. The tour bus will not wait for those who are late.
- The itinerary is subject to change depending on traffic and weather conditions on the tour date.
- Traveling time may take as much as twice the time on weekends and holidays due to heavy traffic.
- Tour will still run on raining days unless there are government issued warnings.
- Please plan to wear comfortable clothing as there will some walking.
- If you have young children and will bring a baby stroller, please note it in “SPECIAL REQUESTS”
Cancellation/ Rescheduling Policy
- Free of charge: if you contact us at least 7 business days prior to selected date within office hours. (10am – 6pm K.S.T)
- 70% refundable: if you contact us at least 3 business day prior to selected date. (strictly by 6:00 PM K.S.T)
- For e.g.: if your tour is on Thursday, you must contact us by Monday by 6:00 PM (K.S.T)
- No refund: No refund or date change after 6:00pm 3 business day prior to selected date. If you do not show up on tour day, is it treated as a cancellation and are non-refundable