Traveling to South Korea 2022
With the COVID-19 Omicron variant, Korea has set and extended many of the social distancing and quarantine rules. Check out our summary below on the current updates.
Entering South Korea in 2022
*Mandatory till 3rd February 2022.
- 1. Inbound travelers will need to take 3 PCR tests (before entry, day after entry, before release).
- 2. All inbound travelers will undergo a 10-day quarantine at their residence or designated facility.
- 3. Quarantine at the facility will cost KRW1,500,000 per person.
- 4. Quarantine exemption certificate only applies to senior executive members, senior government officials, or those attending funerals.
- 5. “Self-quarantine safety protection” app needs to be installed for monitoring.
- 6. Leaving the designated facility during the quarantine period will result in a fine, or one will be required to wear a safety wristband.
Current Social Distancing Level
South Korea is currently under phase one of the “Living with COVID” plan. Only up to 4 people are allowed to gather (vaccine pass, negative PCR test within 48 hours, minors under 18, cured patients). If you do not have a vaccine pass, only up to 1 person can dine in. Wearing a face mask is still mandatory! Please wear a mask in public transports or venues.
Business hour restrictions are in place again. Restaurants, cafes, entertainment facilities like karaoke rooms, baths/saunas, indoor sports facilities close at 9 p.m. While movie theaters, performance halls, multi-rooms, casinos, PC rooms, private academies close at 10 p.m.
- 1. Keep the distance of two arm’s lengths between you and others.
- 2. Wash your hands with soap for 30 seconds.
- 3. Cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- 4. Ventilate and disinfect your home regularly.
👉🏻 Visit here for more information COVID-19 Precautions